Personal Finance Strategies
by Matt Bernstein
About this course
Personal financial advice on retirement planning, mortgages, autos, investing and more | taught by Matt Bernstein
At the end of the course you'll learn how to…
- Become financially independent.
- Create a plan to pay off debt.
- Create a personal savings plan.
- Understand specific investment strategies.
- Build and increase your credit score.
Who should take this course? Who should not?
- Students with full-time incomes, who want to supplement with a portfolio income.
- Students who are in debt and need to start saving money.
- Students who want to start, and build a credit history.
- Students must develop patience and discipline to know that success does not happen overnight, you have to put in the work.
Personal Finance Calculations
Saving for Retirement
Building Credit to Buy a Home
While studying to become a Communication Major at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, I learned there is an unequal access to strategic resources, an uneven distribution of wealth, and I wanted to help solve it. At the same time selling on eBay profiting $24,000 a year, part-time.
After college, I moved to an apartment in Boston, MA (that I could barely afford) to create online courses, teaching students how to sell on eBay.
That people with full-time jobs can supplement their income with a part-time passive income.
Currently, I'm teaching people how to emulate my successes starting and growing a part-time passive income and leveraging their money (and patience) to grow a portfolio income.
Things I Like:
Bowling, reading, beer, hiking, good deli meat, memorable experiences, my girlfriend, family, and close friends.