Trading for Beginners
by Tyler Krol
About this course
Welcome to Trading for Beginners - Intermediate Level. In Trading for Beginners, we take you through establishing a solid foundation of market fundamentals, teaching you what the market really is and why trades really happen. We equip you with a lexicon of market terminology, an understanding of Risk, and an ability to analyze the markets using both Fundamental and Technical analysis. We conclude the course with live trading examples. The material is presented to you through lectures, video, and cartoons to help make the more complex topics approachable.
This course is for complete beginners - seriously. We build on foundational concepts and terminology before introducing meaningful analysis. We also include sample exercises to help you practice your skills. All you need is an open mind to some new ways of looking at your charts.
Here's a few of our recent 5-star reviews from our Entry and Intermediate Level courses:
- Its a great way to learn a complicated subject. Don't be fooled by the friendly presentation -this is some real information and it gently introduces you to real world tools, definitions, and concepts all through a couple of cute cartoon twins - Bill and Phil! Good job and thank you! - Frank Silvestrini
- I've learnt pieces about financial markets and trading here and there, and thus I find this course is very structured and helpful in understanding some of the most important basic concepts. For those who wanted a fast-paced course, this course isn't for you. But if you're looking for a course that is crystal clear and help you in understanding the overall (and difficult) concept(s) of trading, then this course is made just for you. - Cipta Jaya
- I gave it 5 stars because the teacher presented the material as if we were having a casual conversation. I didn't feel like I was in a boring classroom. Also, his inclusion of graphics, quizzes, real life trading replay exercises into the course put flesh on these concepts. In addition, the teacher's humble approach and honesty about the realities of trading was very much appreciated and a breathe of fresh air. I thought his balanced style of teaching was like an island in a sea of hyped up promises. - JJR John R
- This course is an excellent introduction to markets and trading. It offers clear and concise explanations of the basic concepts that underlie how markets operate, and how trading is conducted. This is done through the use of informative, and engaging graphics employed throughout the lectures, which augment the winsome manner in which the instructor presents the material. - Michael Banka
- This was an Excellent beginner introduction to the topic. I'm not entirely new, but still a novice and still got information out of this that I didn't realize and it helped make a few connections for me. Thank you. - Jacob Herrera
- The content was well thought out and easy to understand for a beginner like me. Tyler was engaging and the animations keeps you interested. A++ - Ron Arayata
- Amazing instructor explaining in simple terms a confusing topic like Trading. For the first time, I was comfortable with the industry language terminology often used by trade professionals. Looking forward to more courses. - Foster Smith
- Clearly explained. Can really be understand by a newbie trader. Thank you. - Florie Thiong
Market Data and Terminology
My name is Tyler Krol and I'm thrilled you're reading this!
I'm a biochemical engineer and have worked for Fortune 50 biotechnology companies in many fields over 15 years including systems and process design, statistical analysis, and operations. My love for science and numbers led me to the markets. Since 2006, I have been involved in the financial markets and I really enjoy trading, algorithm development, indicator script develop, and so much more.
To cap it off, my love of rigorous analysis, hard numbers, and the markets makes me an impassioned instructor and I want to share my knowledge of the stock, forex, and commodities markets with you!