How to log into MetaTrader 4
After you have you downloaded the MetaTrader 4 (MT4) platform from your broker and installed it, you will need to log in to your account.
After reading this tutorial you will be able to:
- Check which version of MetaTrader 4 you have
- Login to your registered MetaTrader 4 account
Checking your version of MetaTrader 4
In most cases, when you download MetaTrader 4 it will be from the broker you have just registered with. This means that you have a branded version that already contains the server information that you need. You can see if you are using a branded MetaTrader 4 by looking at the small icon on the top left of your software.
- Non-branded version
If you do not have a branded version, you may need to get the server information required to login. To get your sever information, you can either contact the support of your broker or contact tradimo support.
How to login with a registered MT4 account
When you login for the first time you should see a box like the one below:
1. If you have already registered an account move your mouse over Cancel and Left-Click
A login box should appear:
2. Fill in the boxes marked Login and Password with the details you received from your broker and Left-Click OK
With a branded platform you can usually choose between demo and live (real money).
If the login box does not appear automatically
If the login window does not appear after you cancel the registration box:
- Move your mouse over Click File and Left-Click
- Move your mouse over Login and Left-Click
The login box should now appear. You can now fill in the Login and Password boxes with the information you have received from your broker.
If you have downloaded an un-branded version of MetaTrader 4 and you have no server to select, please contact the support of your broker or ask the tradimo support team for help.